We have several volunteering opportunities including:
Trustees The Hope Programme offers empathic services for people aged over 10 years of all genders who have been affected by rape and sexual abuse.
We are currently seeking Trustees with varying skills and backgrounds to join our Board and contribute to making Hope resilient and sustainable.
Trustees have and must accept ultimate responsibility for directing the affairs of HOPE, ensuring solvency, effectiveness and positive outcomes for service users.
The Board will:
- Ensure Hope is run in compliance with its values and governing document.
- Set or approve policies, plans and budgets to achieve our strategic objectives.
- Monitor performance against the strategic plan.
- Ensure RSVP remains solvent, financially strong and performs well.
- Ensure that RSVP complies with all relevant laws, regulations and requirements of its regulators.
- Agree all policies and decisions on matters which might create significant risk to RSVP, financial or otherwise.
Can you demonstrate:
- Commitment to the organisation.
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort and to impart the benefit
of their skills and experience.
- Strategic vision.
- Good, independent judgement.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity,
accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- Leadership skills.
We are particularly interested in individuals with the following skills:
- Marketing and PR
- Digital Communications